CyberGuide Spotlight

We love our volunteers, ambassadors and everyone in-between that helps make eCYBERMISSION possible. We've decided to start spotlighting our CyberGuides throughout the year, and we hope you enjoy learning more about these great men and women.

Melissa Roth is a Chemical Engineer and has been with eCYBERMISSION for four years. Initially, she was a judge, and this is her third year as a CyberGuide




Melissa's Story

I have worked at the Natick Soldier Systems Center as a Research Chemical Engineer for the past five years. My work involves making improvements to soliders' helmets and body armor to reduce the weight while still providing protection. It was through a STEM outreach program at work that I learned about eCYBERMISSION.

I first joined eCYBERMISSION as a judge and loved reading all of the creative project submissions from students. I wanted to get more involved in the projects, so I volunteered as a CyberGuide the following year. 

I think it's important to encourage kids to be excited about science and technology, and I love that this science fair competition focuses on solving problems within their communities. The entire process encourages kids to think creatively in order to solve problems, which I think is a valuable skill. Also, there's a lot of satisfaction in guiding students through the scientific process and watching them resolve challenges and answer questions as they come up.   



Tune in Nov. 15, 6pm EST. for a live CyberGuide chat. Topic: Reviewing the Rubric - Review of the judging rubric. Explanation about how teams can use it to enhance their Mission Folder

Comments

Popular Posts