The Students Have Spoken!

“This experience has encouraged me even more about what I want to do with my life.”

We recently asked for eCYBERMISSION students to share their point of view on the competition and how it’s impacted their life. Many students join for various reasons—to build interest in STEM, to put a bright STEM idea to the test, a required class project, or monetary incentive—but regardless, it’s great to see how this competition is helping students and their communities. See how one student excelled during the competition experience.

Student Name: ‘VRjrg’

“The whole eCYBERMISSION experience truly changed my life for the better.  I got a new perspective on what I'm capable of.  I have been in a science competition before but eCYBERMISSION was very much different.  It gave you an opportunity to think about real life issues and situations and create possible solutions or options for the better.” 

My eCYBERMISSION Project

“With our project, we were able to test and compare American chicken breasts and local Japanese chicken breasts.  There are so many opinions and arguments about which chicken breast is cleaner and safer to eat.  After we had finished the experiment we were shocked with the results.  We had learned that the local Japanese chicken breasts have more bacteria but the American chicken breasts have more preservatives.  This new knowledge provided me with more information about the project and whole idea in general.”

What I Believe 

“I believe that learning new knowledge is very important, especially with our fast-developing world we live in today.  I also believe that by practicing at this young age, it will really benefit everyone's well-being.  This experience has encouraged me even more about what I want to do with my life.  With hundreds or thousands of kids participating in eCYBERMISSION, we could really improve our world.  

I hope that more students will get involved because eCYBERMISSION will make you think about things that you have never even thought about before.  It also teaches you about hard work and teamwork.  These both are two of many factors that play in being successful in life. Seeing what your educational ability is capable of, you really just feel like a better person.” 

To register as a participant or to volunteer, visit http://ecybermission.com/Register.

Sign-up for our next CyberGuide Live Chat tomorrow at 8:00 PM EST, http://ecybermission.com/CyberguideChat .


If you’ll be at the NSTA 2015 Philadelphia Area Conference, visit us at Booth #1427. We’ll be answering all your questions.

Follow us on Facebook , Twitter @ecybermission, and Instagram @ecybermission.

Comments

Popular Posts