Ambassador Guest Blog

We were able to catch up with Ernesto Mondragon, one of our dedicated Ambassadors, to spotlight for our Ambassador Guest Blog. Ernesto lives in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and this is his first year participating as an Ambassador for eCYBERMISSION. We asked Ernesto to tell us a little bit about what he did as an Ambassador this fall and some best tips and practices for conducting outreach for the program:

As an Ambassador for eCYBERMISSION, I was responsible for recruiting volunteers and students for the 2011-2012 eCYBERMISSION competition. From August to December 2011, I focused on outreach to teachers, counselors and principals at schools within the Green Country Region in Northeast Oklahoma. I would send emails to these individuals explaining eCYBERMISSION to them and persuading them to get involved.


Through this outreach, I was successful in getting the Sixth Grade Center in Sand Springs, OK to register for eCYBERMISSION, which consisted of seven teams; 27 students in total!


Also, throughout the Fall, I attempted new ways to recruit students for the program apart from school visits or presentations. On Halloween night, as the kids came by my house Trick or Treating, I handed out eCYBERMISSION “Accept the Challenge” brochures, along with candy. I found that this was a great way to spread the word about the program because the kids would in turn give the brochures to their parents when they arrived home.


Additionally, I gave a presentation about eCYBERMISSION to the Mayor's Police and Community Coalition for the City of Tulsa and the Safe Communities of Northeast Oklahoma. These organizations are made up of influential community members across the spectrum and I hoped to reach a wide audience through my presentation.


I have enjoyed my time as an eCYBERMISSION Ambassador so far and I am proud to have helped the competition reach a record-breaking number of registered students during this tenth anniversary year. As I look ahead to the upcoming competition year, my plans are to start reaching out to schools in mid-August, when teachers and counselors are in training for next Fall.


Respectfully,


Ernesto Mondragon


Thank you, Ernesto! The Ambassador Guest blog spotlights an Ambassador who showed extraordinary efforts in conducting outreach and engaging participants in the competition. We would like to thank Ernesto for his time and dedication to eCYBERMISSION this fall and in the future.

For more information on eCYBERMISSION visit http://www.ecybermission.com/ or contact eCYBERMISSION Mission Control at 1-866-GO-CYBER (462-9237) or via email at missioncontrol@ecybermission.com

Comments

Popular Posts