eCYBERMISSION Volunteer Road Shows
Part of the goal and vision of eCYBERMISSION is to educate as many people around the world as possible about the competition and the benefits of participating in it, whether as a student, Team Advisor, Volunteer or Virtual Judge. One of the ways the Volunteer Program Coordinators accomplish this goal is through our annual road shows.
Road shows consist of eCYBERMISSION team members traveling around the country to various Army bases, other military installations, government buildings and universities to promote the competition and recruit Volunteers and Virtual Judges. In November and December of this year, we have already traveled to the Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington, DC; Army Materiel Command (AMC) at Fort Belvoir, Va.; Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) in Edgewood, Md.; Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Rockville, Md.; the Army Research Laboratory (ARL) in Adelphi, Md.; the Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) in Redstone Arsenal, Ala.; Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, Mass.; and the Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) in Natick, Mass.
But as the new year approaches, our road show schedule has only just begun. Starting the first full week of 2010, the Volunteer Program will be traveling to the following locations:
- Simulation and Technology Training Center (STTC), Orlando, Fl. – Thursday, Jan. 7
- Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), Picatinny Arsenal, N.J. – Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Communications-Electronic Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC), Fort Monmouth, N.J. – Wednesday, Jan. 13
- Pennsylvania Department of Military Affairs at Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville, Pa. – Friday, Jan. 15
- United States Military Academy (USMA), West Point, N.Y. – Tuesday, Jan. 19
- University of Maryland, College Park, Md. – Wednesday, Jan. 27
- Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC), Warren, Mich. – Thursday, Jan. 28
- Johns Hopkins University Pre-Clinical Teaching Building, Baltimore, Md. – Monday, Feb. 1
- Towson University, Towson, Md. – Wednesday, Feb. 3
If you work or live near any of these locations, please feel free to stop by our display table to say hello, help us register new Volunteers and Virtual Judges or, if you have not already registered yourself, do so with us that day. Please note that other locations may be added between now and the end of Virtual Judge registration on Feb. 26, so continue to keep an eye on the eCYBERMISSION Map to stay updated on all of our travels. Finally, if you know of any other locations where you think it would be beneficial to visit, please contact the Volunteer Program at email@example.com or 1-866-GO-CYBER (462-9237).
View eCYBERMISSION On The Road in a larger map